Oil Refining Assets Abroad
Oil refining assets in germany
With the restructuring of Ruhr Oel GmbH, Rosneft was able to drastically strengthen its position in one of the most promising petroleum product markets in Europe – its traditional target region.
The Company holds stakes in three efficient refineries, Bayernoil (25%), MiRO (24%), and PCK Schwedt (54.17%), through its subsidiary, Rosneft Deutschland GmbH, controlling over 12% of oil refining capacities in Germany with a total throughput of 12.5 mmt per year.
Rosneft Deutschland GmbH successfully transitioned from operating through the ROG joint venture to independent operation in 2017. Over 12 mmt of oil was refined, reliable and safe operation of three refineries ensured, and initiatives to improve operational performance of refineries implemented for Rosneft Deutschland GmbH.
- Rosneft Deutschland GmbH successfully transitioned from operating through the ROG joint venture to independent operation in 2017, over 12 mmt of oil was refined
- Ensured reliable and safe operation of three refineries
- The MiRO Refinery successfully prepared to replace coke drums creating new opportunities to refine REBCO
- Bayernoil almost completely shut down fuel oil production and increased bitumen output
- A fleet comprising 105 thousand tank cars, 207 thousand tanker trucks, and one thousand barges was used to ship petroleum products to customers
OIL REFINING ASSETS IN THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS
In Belarus, the Company indirectly owns a 21% stake in JSC Mozyr Refinery through PJSC NGK Slavneft. Rosneft’s share in the throughput of the Mozyr Refinery totaled 2.1 mmt in 2017, including 0.25 mmt from tolling arrangements under a processing agreement. During the year, the Company supplied a total 5.1 mmt of oil to the Refinery, and is continuing its investment project for the construction of a heavy residue hydrocracking unit, slated to be launched in 2019.
OIL REFINING ASSETS IN INDIA
In 2017, Rosneft closed the deal to acquire 49.13% in Indian Essar Oil Limited (EOL), one of the most advanced Asian-Pacific oil refineries in Vadinar, and with an annual crude throughput of approximately 20 mmt.
While the EOL Refinery in Vadinar is India’s second largest by throughput, it is also among the world’s top ten refineries in terms of technology and process sophistication, with a Nelson Index of 11.8. The highly-flexible Vadinar refinery can use both heavy and extra-heavy crudes, accounting for over 90% of its annual throughput, and has achieved the highest operational efficiency for its assets: 17 of its 28 Solomon benchmarks are in the top 1st quartile.
EOL owns a deep-water port that can accommodate VLCC supertankers, while its power stations independently provide ample power supply.