Social and Economic Development of Regions and Charity in 2017
When determining organizations and events for charitable support, the Company aims at social and infrastructural projects that would most strongly benefit the lives of the local residents and employees in the Company’s regions of operation.
The Company implements socio-economic initiatives under individual charitable projects and agreements with regional authorities and uses a systematic approach to social investments and impactful socio-economic initiatives, to reduce social risk and achieve its key social objectives:
- Promoting social and economic development in the Company’s regions of operation
- Developing partnerships with the Company’s regions of operation
- Supporting the national education policy
- Supporting government programs for the development of healthcare, physical education and sports, science and technology, environmental protection, etc.
In accordance with Federal Law No. 135-FZ On Charitable Activity and Charitable Organizations dated 11 August 1995, the Company provides charitable support toward:
- social infrastructure expansion
- veterans, disabled people, and the Company’s retired and active employees and their families
- the indigenous small-numbered peoples of the North, Siberia, and the Far East
- healthcare and disease prevention, as well as promoting healthy lifestyles and improving the moral and psychological wellbeing of individuals
- schools, vocational schools, and universities, as well as the Company’s corporate training centers as part of its corporate continuing education program, School–University–Enterprise
- assistance in education, science, culture, arts, patriotic education, and individual spiritual development
- environmental protection and animal protection
- initiatives in physical training and mass sports.
In implementing its 2017 charitable projects, the Company traditionally prioritized developing the social infrastructure in regions of its operation, as is outlined in cooperative agreements with regional administrations. Rosneft helps to develop the infrastructure of municipal districts, towns, and settlements by financing the improvement of streets, roads, and territories, such as the repair of utility and transport systems, energy and heat supply facilities, and equipment replacement, as well as initiatives ensuring fire safety and the protection of residents and territories during emergencies.
The Company has financed over 50 projects in healthcare and medical development, including the construction, overhauls, and renovation of healthcare facilities (civil and military hospitals and polyclinics), as well as upgrading their material and technical resources with advanced medical equipment, diagnostic equipment, and disposables. The Company also supported scientific research and development of modern medical technology.
Rosneft allocated more than RUB 40 mln to support indigenous communities in the Tyumen Region, Krasnoyarsk Territory, Irkutsk Region, Sakhalin Region, the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Area – Yugra, and the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Area, among other areas. The support is aimed at preserving distinctive cultures and traditional activities, providing quality education and health improvement programs for indigenous peoples. Different sport and ethno-cultural activities are organized, including traditional national sporting competitions and trade fairs of indigenous peoples.
In 2017, the Company focused on supporting education and science, arts and culture, the revival of cultural heritage, environmental protection, as well as the development and promotion of local and children’s sports, physical education, and healthy lifestyles. Support of orphanages, shelters, kindergartens, disabled people, and war and labor veterans, as well as celebratory events held for the Victory in the Great Patriotic War remain a permanent part of the Company’s charitable initiatives.