Production Planning and Logistics
2020 Performance Highlights
- The Company’s needs for hydrocarbons and petroleum products transportation are 100% covered.
- Refineries’ production programmes and petroleum product sales destinations were developed to maximise consolidated netback while factoring in rapid changes in production and sales volumes amid a slump in demand due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Average petroleum product stocks at refineries were reduced from 589 to 474 kt.
Performance Priorities for 2021
- The improvement of production programmes at refineries as part of monthly production planning is an absolute priority for the Company. In 2021, the Company will continue working to achieve the above goals through:
- optimisation of production programmes for the refineries and distribution of hydrocarbons;
- carrying on to reduce surplus stock of petroleum products at the refineries by improving coordination of production and shipments cycles;
- delivering IT solutions to better synchronise production, distribution, and shipment processes. The Company is developing the Digital Core for Commerce and Logistics initiative, which is expected to reduce the residue to 5.5 % of the technological limits in 2021 and 8.3 % of the technological limits in 2022 and onwards.